Wednesday, April 23, 2014

It is finished...for now.

I'm not sure if one can ever be completely finished with a proton pack, there is so much potential for tinkering and upgrading parts, but for the time being I'm done with mine.

I apologize that I don't have as many progress pictures of building the thrower as I did with the pack.  Getting it to completion was a bit of a challenge.

During my last week of building, after waiting a month longer than I anticipated for my last parts shipment to arrive, I had a couple of hurdles.  One issue was that there was a tiny knob that had a tension pin in it that I needed to remove.  I fought with that thing for an hour before finally taking a hammer and screw driver to it in the back yard.  The pin came out and the disc I was trying to pry free flew off somewhere in the grass and I never found it.  Luckily one of my sellers had one in stock and I got a replacement by the end of the week.  I'm still not ruling out that my dog might've eaten the missing one.

Another problem occurred when I was mounting the parts together with the lights installed and accidentally twisted the handle and severed three tiny wires in the process.  I managed to strip them down, twist them together, and tape them up good enough so that they could still work, but it was a headache to do so.

But finally, for now, I'm done.  

Now I just need some outlet(s) to show it off.



No comments:

Post a Comment