Friday, November 14, 2014

New Project

One night while browsing on eBay I stumbled across some Nickelodeon Super Slimers up for auction.  There were two in one auction, brand new in the box, which is impressive since I don't think they've been produced since 2008.

This is significant because these items bare a stunning resemblance and function as the slime blowers in Ghostbusters II.  The picture above is an example of what one of these toys looks like when stripped down, painted, and paired with a Kenner Ecto Charger backpack, the 1990 toy version of the slime blower.

I've been wanting to build a scaled down proton pack for my oldest, but when the chance presented itself to create 2 slime blowers for less than the cost of one proton pack, and to be able to give each of my sons one, I had to jump on it.  I love the idea that these are still toys and will hold up better with the boys rather than a normal prop would.

I won the auction for the Super Slimers and bought a second Ecto Charger pack; I still have mine from when I was a kid.  The plan is to create a pair of slime blowers similar to the one pictured above, and surprise the boys with them on Christmas.

I'll post progress and pictures here to chronicle the build.

No comments:

Post a Comment