The Super Slimers arrived today, so I unboxed them tonight. These toys are basically a big bug sprayer that shoots out green Nickelodeon slime, which is included. I was on the fence whether I should keep these functional and let the boys have slime blowers that actually shoot slime, or to strip out the pumps and slime reservoirs to make them look more accurate. Being that these are designed for kids 6 and up, and that I'm giving these to a 2 1/2 year old and a 6 year old who sometimes acts half his age, and the fact that replacement slime would be hard to find with it off the market, my wife helped nudge me over the fence to the non-functional side.
The first task then was to remove the stickers, slime reservoirs, and pumps. I worked on these after everyone else was in bed asleep. It was noisier than I thought it would be, but nobody woke up. Only the dog got freaked out.
I had to remove a few screws to crack open the shells, then saw down a couple of points inside to get the slime tanks off. I left the nozzle in place as well as the tube sticking out where the tanks would be. I plan on making that a handle.
The pumps came off easily when the screws were removed.
Here are the pictures:

New out of the boxes.
Tanks and pumps removed from the casings.
A close up of the casings, the one with blue trimming upside down, green facing up.
I don't know when I'll tinker with these again, but I'll post an update when it happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment