Saturday, November 22, 2014

That Took Longer Than I Thought...

... I say that on every build.

But first I need to show off my second Ecto Charger pack:

The one on the left is mine. I'd already taken out the straps and removed what was left of the decals.  The one on the right is the one I got on eBay.

Unfortunately I never noticed in the eBay listing that the hose connector knub was broken off.  I'll have to source out some kind of fitting to replace it.

The Ecto Charger straps work great as shoulder straps for the Super Slimer.  There's a leftover slot from where the slime tank originally mounted where the end of the strap fits right in.

Close up.

The other end squeezed into the back as well.  I'll mount it better after painting.  I might use seat belt harness straps on the tanks.

I decided to repurpose the pumps I took off last time to act as handles on the front.  I sawed off the ends and opened them up, ran a big screw down the center, and the idea was to connect that into the hole left where the tank used to be.

This was the result after a couple of hours experimenting with screws and how to drill out that tank port.  There was a spring holding a plastic disc in that hole, acting as a valve for the slime.  It didn't give up easy, and my drill battery was low, so it took a while.

So this is where I stopped for the night.  The handle isn't U shaped like the movie slime blowers, but I might tweak them a little more before I'm done.  I might still add a side handle, too.  I didn't realize I had mixed up the green and blue parts until I was almost done putting the second one back together.  It doesn't matter since it'll all get painted.  I picked up some paint this morning, but with the weather getting wet this weekend that'll need to wait.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment