This morning before I crawled back into bed I painted my shell in the back yard. It took a couple of coats, and the way the satin black sits on all the different angles it makes it hard to know if I'm just seeing a glare or if I missed a spot, so I ended up doing some touch up right before dinner. Below are a few pictures of the shell sitting on the freezer in the garage. It'll make the garage stink like paint, but I didn't want to chance the paint getting messed up if we have another dewy morning.
(I never noticed how squished in the bottom right cyclotron light ring is until I saw this picture where the flash highlighted it. It's screen accurate this way, and the bumper hides the asymmetry when everything is put together.)
It's hard to see, sorry for the pictures in the poor garage light with my cell phone camera flash.
I also painted the two tubes that I recently painted with the gloss paint and the bumper. Both of them are staying outside tonight so we will see if they survive. If there are issues, they will be easier to re-do than the whole shell.
Once this dries for 24 hours, so around dinner time Wednesday, I can double check to make sure I didn't miss any spots and then see if I feel the back of the motherboard needs to be painted too. It's already black, so I might just leave it. I'll have to buy more paint if more painting needs to be done.
Before I put all the parts back on that I test fit previously, I'll go ahead and put in the light lenses and try to hook up the lights. I've also got vinyl and aluminum labels to place on appropriate parts of the pack. Then the other parts will probably be added last.
I haven't mentioned it yet, but I'll be using the same thrower that was on my last pack. It needs some TLC, but it will look just fine with the finished pack.
Thanks again for looking!
-Matt




No comments:
Post a Comment