The first Ghostbusters prop offered by Matty Collector was the PKE meter. This is the prop used by Egon in the movies that leads them in the direction to find ghosts. This prop has lights and movements that mimic those in the movies, but the only down side is the sound on this version is a repeating beeping noise, while the movie version had more of a whirring sound. I bought a holster that goes on my belt and can't leave home (as a Ghostbuster) without it.
Here's a short video of the PKE meter. If you listen closely you can hear my explanation of how it works.
The second prop put out was the ghost trap. It's a decent representation of the movie prop and has lots of features, including the doors opening and simulating sucking in a ghost with lights and sounds. It even shakes afterwards to give the impression there is a ghost inside wrestling to get out. Other than the pedal being a little flimsy this is an awesome prop. I also bought a holster for this for my belt. (I'm running out of belt room.)
The third prop Matty Collector produced was a poor version of the ecto goggles. Due to the high price, inaccurate look, and goofy gimmicky pictures that show up in the viewfinder, I passed on this item and haven't regretted it. I wish I had a decent set of goggles, but these weren't for me.
Next year Matty Collector is releasing a particle thrower prop with lights, sounds, and movements with a few concessions to accuracy. I'll probably pass on that one too, just because I already have the version you've seen.
-Matt


No comments:
Post a Comment