Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Uniform Extras

A flight suit, proton pack, trap, and PKE meter are all great, but there is much more to decking out a Ghostbusters uniform.  Over the next week I'll get some pictures of me with everything together, but for now here are a few pictures and descriptions of the extra parts that top off a uniform.


First of all, I've got two belts set up this year, one for my khaki uniform, and one for the darker gray uniform from Ghostbusters II.  In the first picture you can see my military surplus khaki pistol belt with (left to right) ghost trap on the holster with extra fob for the trap pedal, yellow leg hose fob, and PKE meter on the holster next to my fob that has my Ghostbusters fake ID badge.  I left off a few things and shared a couple others with my GB2 belt, so it could be even busier than this if I wanted it to be.  The yellow hose connects to a socket built in to my khaki uniform, which is how the uniforms looked in the first movie.  Nobody really knows what the purpose of this was supposed to be, it was just the wardrobe and props department rounding out the uniform, I guess.
 

Below you can see my GB2 black pistol belt.  It currently sports another empty fob, my home made "belt gizmo," which was another part of the uniforms that never got explained in the films, yellow resin Lifegard II which was only used in GB2, and my Motorola MT 500 radio.  The radio has a clip on the back to hold it to the belt, while the ones in the movies fit in a holster.  The Lifegard is a device used to keep firefighters safe in real life.  The gizmo was built out of random computer parts, a desktop mouse, phone cord, and a tape measure holster.  A gizmo upgrade would be a nice addition down the line, but it serves the purpose for now.
 

I may or may not swap some things around depending on what uniform I'm wearing, but that pretty much covers all of my belt gear at the moment.
 
Lastly I've got paratrooper boots with zippers down the sides and snaps at the tops like those used by the actors, dyed judo knee pads that serve as elbow pads, and black chemical gloves.  Also not pictured is an empty gray pistol belt that I can wear with just the boots and pads along with my khaki flight suit and still pull off the look without having to wear all the extra belt equipment.
 

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment