Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Particle Thrower Tear-Down

No pictures to share this time.  I took apart my thrower and primed it so I can paint it to be uniform with my pack.  It's mostly resin, but I have a couple aluminum parts to upgrade on it when it's done.  I'll post pictures before I paint it and reassemble.

While taking it apart, I had trouble getting the switches out, one of which controls the lights in the pack.  It's in pieces, but they are all there and when I hold everything where it's supposed to go it still turns the lights on and off.  Fingers crossed that it still works when I put it back together.

I'd like to eventually upgrade to an aluminum thrower, but that's out of my price range now.  Hopefully after a good paint job and more careful assembly process my current one will look a lot better than it started.  It wasn't horrible, I just rushed it last time and was careless with the paint job.  Sorry again about no 'before' pictures.

-Matt

1 comment:

  1. I lied. I painted it this morning and didn't take pictures of it primed. It looked like a gray particle thrower, use your imagination.

    ReplyDelete