Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Rain Delay

I was hoping to be putting the finishing touches on my thrower tonight, but due to the lingering rain I haven't been able to paint the gun track and the touch ups that need an extra dose of black.  I did however prime the gun track and I had the bright idea to put it on the front porch so that it could air dry, not stink up our garage, and yet not get wet like it would in the back yard where I've been doing all of my paint work and letting it dry.  As long as the geckos don't carry it off it should be fine.

Although the paint is behind, I did everything else that I could.  I was able to attach the new heat sink and the two resin knobs to the right side of the thrower.  I also put the vinyl labels on, including one that makes it look like the bar graph light is functioning.  Unfortunately the thrower won't have any lights or sounds this time around.

Once the gun track and touch ups are done, I'll put the last switch in that controls the pack lights, put the gun track on, stick the cable loom back into the back handle of the thrower, anchor the opposite end of the loom on the motherboard, then put the shell back on the motherboard.  At that point, I'm calling it done for this Halloween season.

Here's a few pictures of tonight's work:






-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment